- January 6, 2017
Managementors have pledged to uphold new principles of ethical behaviour, client service and value and professional development in 2017, plus provide evidence of how they do this in practice.
Amongst other MCA member firms, Managementors have joined the first wave of consultancies publishing online declarations setting out their commitments and approach.
The Consulting Excellence scheme was launched by the MCA to promote the highest standards within the consulting industry and facilitate the sharing of good practice. The declarations published today set out, for the first time, the detailed policies and processes of each consulting firm.
The MCA anticipates that the scheme will become the recognised hallmark of quality for the UK’s £10bn world-leading consulting industry. Consulting Excellence will help clients to identify and purchase high-quality consulting services and individual consultants to see their firm’s commitments to excellence set out in practice.
Under Consulting Excellence:
- Consulting firms show how they live up to Nine Principles of Consulting Excellencein ways that suit their clients and specialisms.
- Firms also submit a Consulting ExcellenceDeclaration, which is published on the MCA website and provides concrete evidence of their commitments in practice
- The MCA will conduct two major annual surveys to support Consulting Excellence: one of consultants and a second of clients.
Consulting Excellence has already achieved strong support from both public and private sector clients.
The nine Principles of Consulting Excellence are grouped under the three pillars of Ethical Behaviour, Client Service and Value, and Professional Development. As signatories to Consulting Excellence, Managementors commit themselves to adopt these Principles.
- Be responsible and good citizens
- Conduct business ethically
- Foster an ethical culture
Client Service and Value
- Provide excellent consulting services which deliver the outcomes clients seek and need
- Be transparent with clients and respond to their concerns
- Always strive to improve the value delivered to clients
- Undertake training and professional development planning each year
- Promote strong core consulting capabilities and specialisms in consultants and teams
- Support employees’ career progression, professional development and welfare